The following documents are required along with the apprenticeship application; if any items are missing or incomplete, your application will not be considered.
1. Copy of birth certificate.
2. Copy of high school diploma or GED certificate.
3. High school transcripts or GED scores.
4. Copy of social security card.
5. Copy of DD214 (Veterans only).
6. Copy of valid driver’s license (must be Alaska driver’s license by start of training). Applicants living in rural Alaska (without road system), please contact our office.
7. Background check (minimum of 5 years). Click the link for a list of locations: http://www.dps.state.ak.us/statewide/background/walkin.aspx
8. 5 year DMV record (showing no DUI’s in last 3 years).
9. Copies of score reports from Work Keys tests: Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and
Locating Information with a score of 4 or higher on each test. Check for the nearest Works Keys office: http://jobs.state.ak.us/offices/index.html
10.Optional/Recommended: resume, trade school certificates, college transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.
11. $30 non-refundable application fee (cash, check, or money order).